FIRST ANNUAL VARSITY INFORMAL SCHOOL LEAGUE
We are beyond excited to announce the launch of the first school Fall League.
Launching on August 9th, 2018 we will have teams competing to earn their spot as Illinois first state champions. In its first year our fall league is not able to be an IHSA sanctioned activity, rather it is run independently through Chicago Sand Volleyball. In order to facilitate school structure we are requiring all participants form teams based on school attendance.
In its first year there will be some chaos and growing pains and immense flexibility to allow for the growth of the sport. We will run the program as long as we have a minimum of four programs enrolled. The format of the program will depend on the number of teams available but will follow this basic structure.
The minimum requirements to be considered an official program team
- Minimum of four athletes from the same school (2019)
- Minimum of two competition teams from the same school
- Attend offical tryouts
- Adult representative
- Fully paid dues
- Signed waiver & handbook
The roles of the adult representative
- Attend all-program tryout date on August 9th
- Commitment to attend or ensure another adult representative at all practices
- Pass a background check
- Act as main communication liason between CSV and program
schedule of events
All teams will play an equal number of matches during the regular season which will seed them for the double elimination playoff run to clinch our first ever sand volleyball state championship.
After year one the IHSA will "hopefully" recognize sand volleyball as a separate sport (from hardcourt volleyball) allowing it to be a formal school activity. From there we will work to have 80 schools join the league affording us the opportunity to become an official school sport!
Schedule of Events:
- August 9th - Tryouts
- August 10th - First day of the season
- August 19th - September 30th- Regular competition matches scheduled
- August 19th - Regular Season Kick off tournament - All team event at Four Lakes, Lisle
- Monday, Tuesday or Thursday matches start at 4:45p (one match per week)
- Teams can arrive as early as 3:00p to practice prior to matches.
- Format is Court 1: 1 v 1 & Court 2: 2 v 2. Each match is 21, 21, 15 and in the event of a team split of a 1-1 there is a golden set to 21 to determine the winner.
- September 29th - 30th - Playoffs | Double Elimination | State Championship Crowned at 8:00pm
Cost: $300 per program (four player minimum)
The rules and regulations for all matches will follow the format of the USA National Beach Tour
MORE DETAILS TO COME....
Last updated on 5/18/2018