FIRST ANNUAL VARSITY INFORMAL SCHOOL LEAGUE
We are beyond excited to announce the launch of the first school Fall League.
Launching on August 9th, 2018 we will have teams competing to earn their spot as Illinois first state champions. In its first year our fall league is not able to be an IHSA sanctioned activity, rather it is run independently through Chicago Sand Volleyball. In order to facilitate school structure we are requiring all participants form teams based on school attendance.
In its first year there will be some chaos and growing pains and immense flexibility to allow for the growth of the sport. We will run the program as long as we have a minimum of four programs enrolled. The format of the program will depend on the number of teams available but will follow this basic structure.
The minimum requirements to be considered an official program team
- Minimum of two athletes from the same school (2018-2019)
- Attend offical tryouts
- Adult Representative
- Fully Paid Dues prior to day 1
- Signed waiver & handbook
The roles of the adult representative
- Attend all program tryout date on August 9th with makeups on August 10th - 11th
- Commitment to attend or ensure another adult representative at all practices
- Pass a background check
- Act as main communication liason between CSV and program
schedule of events
All teams will play an equal number of matches during the regular season which will seed them for the double elimination playoff run to clinch their schools first ever sand volleyball state championship.
After year one the IHSA will "hopefully" recognize sand volleyball as a separate sport allowing it to be a formal school activity. From there we will work to have 80 schools join the league affording us the opportunity to become an official school sport!
Schedule of Events:
- August 9th - 11th - Tryouts
- August 13th - 17th - Pre-Season
- August 18th - October 12th - Regular Season
- August 19th - Regular Season Kick off - All team event at Four Lakes, Lisle
- August 24th - 25th - All team event at Four Lakes, Lisle
- October 13th - 14th - Playoffs | Double Elimination | State Championship Crowned at 8:00pm
Cost: $150 per team
The rules and regulations for all matches will follow the format of the USA National Beach Tour
MORE DETAILS TO COME....
Last updated on 3/5/2018